A chamfer is a transitional edge between two or more faces of a body.
A fillet is a rounded edge of a body. You can create both of them with the same flow, by simply pulling edges.
Filleting a single edge
- Select one or more edges
- While pushing, pull up to have a fillet ("+" values), pull down to get a chamfer ("-" values).
- Set exact the dimensions in the Preferences panel.
- Notice, how in the case of filleting continuous edges the app fillets all of the edges, not just the selected one.
Modifying and deleting fillets/chamfers
After creation, you can modify or delete any fillet and chamfer with the familiar workflow:
- Select one or more face, that can be understood as a filleted, chamfered face.
- Pull up or down, depending on the desired outcome. Please note, in this case, you can't switch between fillets and chamfers, you have to delete a fillet and only then can you create a chamfer from the recreated edge.
- Let the pencil up, and fine-tune the dimensions in the Preferences panel.
- Select one or more face.
- Tap on the Delete button