There are multiple ways to approach creating a complex, non-planar face for your body in Shapr3D, but probably the easiest so far is the Replace face tool, which allows you to use direct-modeling to modify faces (imported and native faces alike) at will.
The tool, as its name suggests extends or trims faces according to the new face you selected.
These are the things you will need to use this tool:
- Face(s) of a body you want to replace
- A new face you are replacing the original faces with.
The Replace face flow
1. Go to Tools > Replace face (In this case, I want my pan to connect with its handle)
2. Select a face or faces you want to replace.
3. Tap on Next.
4. Select a face you want to replace your old faces with.
5. When you are finished, tap on Done.
The area of the face you replace with - all edge length, across all coordinates - has to be larger than the original face(s) and has to cover it in its entirety.