Shapr3D is compatible with most major CAD software. 3D Data exchange can happen in following, supported formats:
- OBJ with colors
- SHAPR (the native file format of Shapr3D. Use this to transfer models between different Shapr3D apps, workspaces)
The export flow
1. Tap on the Share button on the Top Bar
2. Select the usage type or go straight to formats (all supported files formats)
3. If you tapped on a usage type select the specific format
4. Customize your export (shown through the example of STL export)
- Name your file
- Resolution: Set the quality of the export
- Include hidden groups of shapes: If you want all groups (even hidden ones) to be saves, turn on the function
- Each group into separate files: If you want your different Bodies in groups to be saved into separate files, turn on this option
- Output format: Choose between the ASCII or the binary format. Binary is the default format, as it is more common and compact.
- Unit: Set the unit of your export
💡Extra option for DWG/DXF import - Include annotations
5. When done, tap on Share.
6. Select the method of sharing from the popover (after tapping on Share) or drag'n'drop your file to another app.