When you create 3D bodies in your design, you need to set up their foundations: 2D sketches. These are shapes formed from arcs, lines, and splines.
Follow these steps to create a body in your design.
- Go to Menu > Sketch to open a list of drawing tools.
Note: You can start sketching anyway without selecting Sketch first. Start drawing lines and arcs in the grid; the Sketch menu will appear automatically.
- Select the tools, such as Line/Arc and Circle, to sketch a shape.
- Refine your sketch by using constraints in the right-hand side of the screen. Basically, you’re creating relations between different sketches to position your sketches correctly, etc.
- Change to 3D view to confirm that your sketch is closed. Your sketch should be filled with light blue coloring.
- Select the closed sketch and pull up, or extrude, the shape along a straight line. Refer to this article for more details.
You can create more complex shapes by using the following in the Tools menu:
For more details on using this tool to create objects such as pipes, tires, bottles, and spheres, read this article.
For more details on using this tool to create objects that are formed along a spine, read this article.
For more details on using this tool to create organic bodies, read this article.