ℹ️ This tool is available to all users.
You can adjust the size of the sketches, faces, edges, and bodies in your design with the Scale tool. There are two different types of scaling:
You can scale an object in all directions with the same proportion. You adjust the percentage of scale for the entire body.
You can scale an object in any direction with different proportions along axes. You can separately adjust the percentages of scale for different parts of the object.
To scale an object in your design space, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Transform > Scale.
- Select the type of scale in the Scale Mode menu: “Uniform” or “Non-uniform.”
- Select the sketches, faces, or bodies you want to scale.
- Adjust the gizmo center by dragging it to a specific location. This point is the center point of the scale.
- Select if you want to scale a copy of your selection, not the original.
The Copy badge changes to when selected.
Grab the handle to scale the object along an axis. Drag until you reach the correct scaled size.
• Uniform scaling
• Non-uniform scaling
Note: You can select the dimension label to give an exact percentage of scale. If you have a keyboard connected to your iPad, you can hover over the dimension label and directly type in the percentage and press the Return key to finalize the dimension.
- For non-uniform scaling, grab the tile and drag to scale along a plane.
- Select Done.
💡Shortcut💡: If you first select the objects you want to scale, the menu is customized automatically. From this adaptive menu, you can select the Scale tool. When you’re done scaling the objects, select Deselect All or an empty area in your design space to close the tool.