You can export your 3D design as 2D drawings in DWG or DXF format. To do so, you need to project the edges of your bodies to any plane.
- Go to Menu > Add > Construction plane to create a construction plane that is offset from the body's face.
- Go to Menu > Tools > Project.
- Select the edges that you want to project, and the target plane.
- Select the projected edges and then Lock to lock the dimensions. This guarantees the dimensions will show up on your exported drawing.
- Select .
The EXPORT window appears.
- Choose DraWinG file in the format tab.
- Fill in the details and select Continue.
- Select Share to save your exported file.
💡Shortcut💡: If you first select the edges you want to project and the plane, the menu is customized automatically. From this adaptive menu, you can go to More > Project. When you’re done projecting the edges, select Done to close the tool.
Watch this tutorial for more details: