ℹ️ This feature is available only to Pro users.
You can export your 3D design as 2D drawings in DWG or DXF format. To do so, you need to project the edges of your bodies to any plane.
- Go to Menu > Add > Construction plane to create a construction plane that is offset from the body's face.
- Go to Menu > Tools > Project.
- Select the edges that you want to project, and the target plane.
- Select the projected edges and then Lock to lock the dimensions. This guarantees the dimensions will show up on your exported drawing.
- Select .
The EXPORT window appears.
- Choose DraWinG file in the format tab.
- Fill in the details and select Continue.
- Select Share to save your exported file.
💡Shortcut💡: If you first select the edges you want to project and the plane, the menu is customized automatically. From this adaptive menu, you can go to More > Project. When you’re done projecting the edges, select Done to close the tool.
Watch this tutorial for more details: