ℹ️ This tool is available to all users.
You can use the Align tool to instantly and precisely align 3D bodies in your design space with:
Follow these steps to use the Align tool:
- Go to Menu > Transform > Align.
- Select the face or edge of a body you want to align.
If the body has snap points, they are shown in purple.
- Select the target face (planar, conical, or spherical), edge, sketch, or construction geometry you want to align with. Make sure to select a target that corresponds to your previous selection: If you selected a planar face, then the target should also be a planar face.
Alternatively, you can select the body’s snap point and drag it to the target body’s snap point.
- If necessary, use the canvas controls and the Flip badge to reposition the aligned body.
You can transform the body in four different ways.
- Select Done.
💡Shortcut💡: If you select the elements you want to align, the menu is customized automatically. From this adaptive menu, you can select the Align tool to instantly align the selected elements.
Canvas controls and Flip badge
You can still reorient the object after you’ve repositioned a 3D object with the Align tool:
- Rotate around the aligned edge, axis, or point
Drag the arrows to rotate the aligned body. If you want to set the exact angle of rotation, select the dimension label and enter the value in the numpad. If you have a keyboard connected to your iPad, you can hover over an arrow and directly type in values and press the Return key to finalize the dimension.
- Move linearly along an aligned edge, plane, or axes
Drag the horizontal or vertical arrow to translate the aligned body along a linear path.
- Move on a plane
Drag the tile to freely move the aligned body on a plane.
- Flip 180 degrees
Select the Flip badge to rotate the aligned body 180 degrees—the selected faces or edges are still aligned.
When you fine-tune the bodies using the canvas controls, you can easily snap the bodies to create:
- Aligned vertices
- Coplanar arcs
- Coplanar faces
- Parallel edges