ℹ️ All users can use Shapr3D's augmented reality view, but only Standard and Business users can export designs in USDZ format.
Create a virtual prototype of your design with Shapr3D's augmented reality support. You can get a real-time visualization of how your design will look in situ.
Follow these steps to visualize your design:
- Open your design in Shapr3D.
- Select the Share button in the Top bar.
- Select Augmented Reality in Usage.
- Select Preview 3D Model.
- Aim your iPad’s camera to a setting in which you want to visualize your model.
You can freely move and scale the model so it fits better in your environment.
- You can also check the rendered model and zoom in on the details by selecting the Object tab.
- Return to the AR tab and select the Shutter button to capture the screen. The exported image will automatically save to your Photos app.
This kind of visualization provides great feedback on different design aspects, from dimensions to aesthetics, giving you more insight into your prototype design at any point in your workflow. If you see something that could be tweaked or doesn’t quite match up with what you imagined, just exit the preview and go back to the drawing board.
As a Standard or Business user, you can also export your models in USDZ format and distribute them so that your customers can immerse themselves using Apple's built-in solutions available in iOS, iPad, and Safari on Mac. For more details on how to export in USDZ format, check out this article.
And if you have some time, watch our introduction video: