ℹ️ This tool is available to all users.
You can add text as a 2D sketch in the design space or directly onto your 3D model. Use the Text tool to mark industrial parts; provide assembly instructions; or add labels, branding and trademark information, or even as decoration.
- Editing: Because text in Shapr3D behaves like any other sketch element, you can incorporate it into your regular Shapr3D workflow effortlessly. However, this feature makes the text non-editable once inserted into the design space.
- Fonts: At the moment, you can change the appearance of your text using built-in fonts. We are working on support for custom fonts, so that any typeface installed on your device will be available for customization. While we have tested a wide range of fonts, some glyphs may have discontinuous sections, preventing Shapr3D from extruding them into a solid. In such a case, either change the font, its formatting and type, or locate and trim the offending outline section.
Select a planar face or a construction plane to position your text.
Note: You can always go to Add > Text to add text to the selected plane.
- Select Add Text.
The Add Text dialog is displayed.
- Fill in the Content field. A preview of the text will appear on your model.
- Select the font type and position.
- Tap Continue.
- Position the new text as needed.
- Tap Done.
Now you can use other tools to manipulate the text in 3D space.