You can declutter your design space with the Items manager in Shapr3D to get a better overview on what’s in your work. Open the Items manager by selecting at the bottom of the screen, and select items in the panel to immediately select the related shapes in your design.
Every body, group of sketches, plane, axis, and image you create in your project is defined as an item, searchable in this panel. Any 2D drawings you've created are also stored here, in the Drawings section. If you create new 3D bodies with one of the Boolean tools (Subtract, Intersect, Union), those new items are named after the original bodies’ names.
Notice that each item type is indicated by these icons:
Note: Sketches are automatically organized by the planes they are drawn on. So each sketch item can include multiple sketches from the same plane. You can combine multiple sketch items into one folder.
- Plane and axis
In the Drawings section, all 2D drawings you create are stored.
How do I use the Items manager?
Organize the geometries and declutter your project with the Items manager:
- Select to dock the panel.
- Grab and move the docked panel, depending on what suits you best.
- Select to hide the selected items, select to make them visible again.
- Select to group items together into a folder.
If you duplicate a folder, the new folder retains the original folder structure.
- Move other items into existing folders via drag and drop.
- Move items from one folder to another.
You have two methods:
- Select and hold the items in one folder, and drag them to . The Items manager will automatically go to the first level, and you can drag and drop the bodies into the desired folder.
- Select the items and select of the desired folder. This opens the folder. Then, select and Move selected here.
- Make your image more transparent by adjusting its opacity with the transparency scale.
Regardless of the item type, you can swipe each item or folder to the left and use these functions:
- Zoom to
Select Zoom to to zoom into the item(s).
Select Rename to rename the associated item, folder, or drawing.
Select Delete to delete the associated item, folder, or drawing.
This video will give you an overview about items: