ℹ️ This tool is available to all users.
Splines are curved sketches that you can use to create organic shapes.
There are two different types of splines:
- Fit point splines: The spline goes through each fit point smoothly.
- Control point splines: Every created point is a vertex of a polyline (invisible), and the app automatically creates a smoothed-out version of it.
Go to Sketch > Spline, and then choose the spline type: “Control” or “Fit.”
- You can start drawing a spline by clicking with your mouse or trackpad to add the first point.
- Click to create spline points and move the pointer to create curves.
- To continue your curve, keep adding more spline points.
You can either remove the last point or entire spline and finish the sketch by pressing the following:
Or, secondary click (right-click) with your mouse.
To keep the last point and finish, press Return.
Select and drag the spline points to adjust the curve, or delete unnecessary points.
Note: If you created a “Fit” type spline, then you can add more points to it by long-clicking with your mouse or trackpad along the curve.