ℹ️ This tool is available to all users.
Splines are curved sketches that you can use to create organic shapes.
There are two different types of splines:
- Fit point splines: The spline goes through each fit point smoothly.
- Control point splines: Every created point is a vertex of a polyline (invisible), and the app automatically creates a smoothed-out version of it.
Go to Sketch > Spline, and then choose the spline type: “Control” or “Fit.”
- You can start drawing a spline by clicking with your mouse or trackpad to add the first point.
- Click to create spline points and move the pointer to create curves.
- To continue your curve, keep adding more spline points.
You can either remove the last point or entire spline and finish the sketch by pressing the following:
Or, secondary click (right-click) with your mouse.
To keep the last point and finish, press Return.
- Press the Escape key to drop the active sketching tool.
This way, you can easily select the sketch.
Select and drag the spline points to adjust the curve, or delete unnecessary points.
Note: If you created a “Fit” type spline, then you can add more points to it by long-clicking with your mouse or trackpad along the curve.