ℹ️ If you use the free version of Shapr3D, you can only export in low-quality STL. If you’re subscribed to the Standard plan, you can export models in SHAPR, STEP, IGES, OBJ, USDZ, DXF (sketches only), and high-quality STL format, and export images. If you’re subscribed to the Business plan, you can export models in all supported formats, and export 2D drawings in PDF, DXF, or DWG format.
To use your Shapr3D projects in other CAD software or Apple’s AR ecosystem, follow these steps:
Go to File > Export...
The Export dialog appears.
Select the usage type, and then the available format if applicable.
Or, you can select Format to choose the format of the export file.
For a full list of exportable file formats, check out this article.
- Select Next.
Customize these details, if applicable:
- File name
- File Format/Output Format: You have several options: AP203, AP214, AP242, text, ASCII, and binary. The latter is the default format since it’s more common and compact.
- Include Dimensions: Any locked dimensions in your design will be preserved.
- Include Hidden Items: Turn on the switch if you want hidden items to be saved in the export.
- Include Mesh Bodies: Turn on the switch if you want mesh bodies to be saved in the export.
- Include Hidden Sketches: Turn on the switch if you want hidden sketches to be saved in the export.
- Include Vertex Colors: Turn on the switch if you want to preserve vertex colors in the export.
- Resolution: Set the quality of the export. If you want to set a custom resolution, you can set the deviation and angle tolerances.
- Save Each First-Level Item Separately: Turn on the switch if you want to export your project in separate, organized files. These files are then compressed into a ZIP file.
- Save Each Sketch Plane Separately: Turn on the switch if you want to export your project in separate, organized files. These files are then compressed into a ZIP file.
Units: Set the unit of your export to millimeter, centimeter, meter, inch, or foot.
Depending on the file format you want to export, you’ll see different details.
The Save This File popover appears.
Specify how you want to share the file and select one of the following:
a. Send via Mail
An email window will appear, with the exported file automatically attached.
b. Share with...
You will see a list of apps that you can send your exported file to.
After you choose the file name and destination, click Save to export.