We finally added the Chamfer/Fillet and Offset Face tools to the Tools menu! You can still find these tools in the adaptive menu (that custom, smart menu that appears based on your selection), but it doesn’t hurt to have more than one way to select a tool. And, we added an extra shortcut: Select a face or body to auto-select all connected edges for chamfering or filleting.
We also came down hard on the culprits that made the app buggy. Here’s what you can expect with version 4.5:
- The imported 2D drawings in your project will no longer run the risk of being out of sync with relevant 3D bodies. So, any changes to bodies will be reflected accurately in the 2D drawings and those drawings are guaranteed to be editable and up to date.
- The new Area Selection tool had some rough edges, so we smoothed them out. Selecting multiple sketches and bodies while editing your models should be easy-breezy now.
- There was an unfortunate snafu that crashed the onboarding tutorial, so we cracked down on that. If you’re new to Shapr3D, be sure to give the tutorial a go.
- Sometimes the last digit or letter of the Color tool’s hex code would go rogue and change. We definitely don’t want this to happen anymore, so we took care of this bug in the backend.
- We tinkered with the Designs tab so your designs’ thumbnails will properly show up on your screen.
Download the latest update and get modeling!