It’s time to get in gear with your Apple Pencil. You can finally use the Area Selection tool with the Apple Pencil, not just the mouse or trackpad. Simply long-tap the screen and drag your Apple Pencil across the design space to select a handful of items at once:
- Drag to the right to select geometries that are completely included in the selection box.
- Drag to the left to select crossing geometries—objects that aren't necessarily contained in the selection box, but cross the box's boundaries. Once you make your selection, you have the option to filter the selection based on item type: "All Items," "Bodies Only," "Faces Only," or "Edges Only."
For more details, hop over to this article.
What’s more, we reworked some features:
- We removed live chat support from the app.
Judging by the numbers, most of you won’t miss the live chat. But those of you who will miss the chat… don’t be alarmed. You can still contact our Support team if you need help. Just ask your questions in Shapr3D Forums (https://discourse.shapr3d.com/) or email the team at email@example.com.
- When you select a 3D body in the design space, you’ll see the body’s name at the bottom of the screen, along with the related measurements.
FYI, you can rename bodies in the Items manager.
- Every time you hover over sketch fillings’ center points in 3D mode, they’ll be highlighted — even if you’re not actively using any sketching tool.
- If you’ve searched for commands while sketching, you probably noticed that the search bar would sometimes suggest commands that aren’t actually usable in sketch mode. We made sure the search bar will make sensible judgements from now on and only show sketching-related commands in sketch mode.
- The Project tool will no longer act up when you try to project a face with a filleted edge onto a construction plane. If you need a refresher on the tool, here’s an article for you.
- For those of you who prefer using the Area Selection tool with the mouse or trackpad, we squashed a bug in the backend that made the tool a bit glitchy.