With 4.7, we’re taking the mouse experience to the next level because... Shapr3D now supports SpaceMouse! Navigate the design space and run commands efficiently with 3Dconnexion’s ergonomic 3D mouse.
Before you get modeling with the SpaceMouse, you have to set up a couple things. Here’s a quick and dirty to-do list for you:
- Download Shapr3D’s configuration for SpaceMouse here. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and download the attached file (3Dconnexion Config Shapr3D.3dc).
- Download and install the beta version of 3Dconnexion’s driver, 3DxWareMac.
- Restart your Mac.
- Import Shapr3D’s configuration in System Preferences > 3Dconnexion.
Note: This file contains pre-configured settings for Shapr3D. You’ll be able to reconfigure the mapping and view the commands’ names when 3Dconnexion releases its driver update in the future.
- Plug in or connect your 3D mouse and get modeling!
For more detailed steps, take a look at this article.
In other news, we put together a bundle of changes:
- We copied over all the tools in the Sketch, Add, Transform, and Tools menus to the menu bar.
- When you zoom and pan with a 3-button mouse that has a mouse wheel, the design space’s view won’t get stuck anymore.
- The Color tool’s smartened up so when you save a preset color, any opacity setting is also properly saved.
- We straightened some things out in the backend, so you can use the Shell and Project tools and the Items manager worry-free. And, you can sketch lines on different planes hassle-free.