ℹ️ This feature is available only to Business users.
You can annotate the non-isometric views in 2D drawings with geometries. Currently, the app supports the following geometry types:
- 2-point centerline
- 2-line centerline
Centerlines are dashed lines that run between two reference points or lines. You can use them in 2D drawings to:
- Show the axes of circular or cylindrical features such as holes and discs
- Dimension circular features
- Point out features that share the same central axis
Note that in the app, you cannot dimension these centerlines with the Line length tool.
To add a centerline, follow these steps:
- Open your 2D drawing.
- Select Geometries.
- Select one of the geometry tools: 2-Point Centerline or 2-Line Centerline.
If you chose the 2-Point Centerline tool, select two points as reference in the drawing.
If you chose the 2-Line Centerline tool, select two linear lines as reference in the drawing.
A centerline will be created between the reference points or lines.
- You can extend the centerlines by dragging the arrows.
Select Done to exit the tool and finalize the geometries.
Other types of geometries, including 3-point circular centerline and center mark, will be available in the near future, so stay tuned!