ℹ️ This tool is available to all users.
You can add text as a 2D sketch in the design space or directly onto your 3D model. Use the Text tool to mark industrial parts; provide assembly instructions; or add labels, branding and trademark information, or even as decoration.
- Editing: Because text in Shapr3D behaves like any other sketch element, you can incorporate it into your regular Shapr3D workflow effortlessly. However, this feature makes the text non-editable once inserted into the design space.
- Fonts: You can use any font present on your device for customization. While we have tested an extensive range of fonts, certain glyphs may have discontinuous sections, preventing Shapr3D from extruding them into a solid. In such a case, either change the font, its formatting and type, or locate and trim the offending outline section.
- Select a planar face or a construction plane to position your text.
Note: You can always go to Add > Text to add text in the center of the view.
- Select Add Text.
The Add Text dialog is displayed.
- Fill in the Content field. A preview of the text will appear on your model.
- Select the font type and position.
- Click Continue.
- Position the new text as needed.
- Click Done or press Return.
Now you can use other tools to manipulate the text in 3D space.