ℹ️ This feature is available to all users.
Splines are curved sketches that you can use to create organic shapes.
There are two different types of splines:
- Fit point splines: The spline goes through each fit point smoothly.
- Control point splines: Every created point is a vertex of a polyline (invisible), and the app automatically creates a smoothed-out version of it.
Go to Sketch > Spline, and then choose the spline type: “Control” or “Fit.” You can further customize the required pen pressure for the points.
- You can start drawing a spline with your pen just as you would draw a line. If you have a mouse or touchpad, then click to add the first point.
- Wherever you want to create a curve, press the screen with your pen without lifting it up to create the spline points. If you’re using a mouse or touchpad, click to create the spline points.
To continue your curve, carefully release the pressure on your pen (without lifting it) or mouse/touchpad and keep drawing and adding more spline points.
Once you release your pen from the screen, your sketch is done.
Finish your sketch by releasing your pen from the screen. If you’re using a mouse or touchpad, then you can either remove the last point or entire spline and finish by pressing the following:
- Secondary click (right-click) with your mouse.
To keep the last point and finish, press Enter.
If you're using a mouse or touchpad, press the Escape key to drop the active sketching tool.
This way, you can easily select the sketch.
You can move or delete the spline points to adjust the curves.
Note: If you created a “Fit” type spline, then you can add more points to it by pushing down on your pen or long-clicking with your mouse or touchpad along the curve.
See how to create splines in this video: