To learn how to update your Shapr3D software version, visit Update Shapr3D.
- Improved: Measurement Mode got a visual touch up: you can now annotate more dimensions, plus the measurement panel stays visible for more tools. This should make it easier to view your measurements while modeling.
- Improved: Sketch more seamlessly with a couple of enhancements to the sketching controls.
macOS and Windows
- Improved: We added a new “Zoom to Item” option to the context menu and also made some tweaks for a better experience.
- Improved: Explore your workspace items effortlessly with the new and improved look of the Items Manager.
- Improved: Now you can find the depth of field settings in the Camera tab in Visualization.
- Improved: Pinned measurements now include measurement annotations for angle, parallel distance, and center distance.
- Improved: Get a less cluttered workspace! Locked sketch dimensions now match the visibility of other constraints.
macOS and Windows
- New: Quickly access tool options and settings with the new context menu.
macOS and iOS
- Fixed: Shapr3D no longer opens slowly when the device is offline.
- New: You can now share 2D drawings along with your model directly through Webviewer.
- Improved: Visually highlight your model’s measurements by locking dimensions to your screen using the new pinning feature of Measurement Mode.
- Fixed: System stays stable instead of intermittently crashing when exporting to Webviewer.
- Fixed: Resolved an issue with bodies getting cut off clipping when using the Scale tool.
- Fixed: We rooted out a few visual artifacts that occurred while using Zebra analysis.
- New: Embed your Webviewer models on your website with the new HTML code snippet under Share.
- Improved: Get a more realistic textile finish to your models when you export your design to Webviewer.
- Fixed: A sporadic issue with the color set in Visualization not accurately reflecting in the modeling space has been resolved.
- Fixed: Setting the camera field of view to 0° under Views & Appearance no longer makes the model disappear intermittently.
- Fixed: The SpaceMouse doesn’t sporadically lose connection anymore.
- Improved: Provide additional security to your designs with the Webviewer’s new password protection functionality.
- New: You can now import Solidworks assemblies to Shapr3D.
- New: You can now import PDF files to use as reference images or sketches.
- New: You can now add size tolerances to your 2D drawings for more precision in manufacturing your product within a dimension range.
- New: Get more variety in Visualization with the new Dark Salon environment.
- Improved: Splines now have a more fluid interaction for better control. Draw, break, and join splines without needing to use pen or pencil pressure taps. New polyline displays help guide the shape of the curve you create when using Control Point Splines. Learn more from our
- Improved: Make basic calculations in the dimension input with the new calculator capability.
- Improved: Use the updated Bright Salon 1 and Bright Salon 2 Visualization environments with more dramatic lighting and heightened reflections. Highlight contours and details of your model.
- New: Visualize your model with a realistic finish making use of the over 20 new fabric and metal materials recently added.
- New: Take precise measurements of your designs with the new Measure mode.
- Improved: You can now find keyboard shortcuts for tools and commands at the side menus.
- Improved: See your model in enhanced detail and contrast with improved Visualization default lighting.
- Improved: Get a more realistic preview of your models in both light and dark modes with improved lighting and shadow areas that highlight geometries better, and show more natural tones and precise body edges and lines.
- Improved: The material scale in Visualization has been expanded to cover a range from 0.25x to 4x.
- Improved: Hull curves are now displayed for control point splines.
- New: Use hotkeys to select sketch pens, constraints, and 3D modeling tools when modeling with a keyboard and mouse/trackpad.
- New: Shapr3D now adapts to the system theme and appears in dark mode when enabled on your device.
- Improved: Assign Shapr3D tools and commands to the buttons of your 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse, CadMouse, and Keyboard through the 3Dconnexion driver to easily save and recall custom views.
- New: Webviewer is here. Share your designs with anyone via a private link. Viewable in AR on modern devices.
- Improved: Easily move sketch geometries around with tap/click and drag, or use the Move/Rotate tool.
- Improved: Annotation rendering has been optimized to make editing a lot smoother when working on complex sketches with a large number of annotations.
- Improved: Selection outline in Visualization gives you a better context of the selected elements while maintaining the original look of the applied materials.
- Improved: Edit constrained dimension values with quick value input by hovering on the values or pressing Tab on your keyboard.
- New: Create stunning images in Visualization with the new depth of field effect. Put your models into focus with just a single tap (iPad) or right-click (macOS/Windows).
- New: Shapr3D Sync is fully released. Enable Sync to easily access and edit your designs across devices, and to have them automatically backed up via the Shapr3D Cloud.
- New: Shapr3D now supports SpaceMouse on Windows.
- Note that official certification of 3Dconnexion for the Windows version is in progress. Until that’s completed, a few features might be missing and you might need a few additional steps to configure your SpaceMouse.
- Improved: Files exported into Shapr3D’s native file format, .shapr, are now associated with the app. To import them into your workspace, double-click on them.
- Improved: The adaptive menu that appears on the side screen when a selection is active is now optimized to let you change between tools without the need to reselect the items.
- Improved: Get better visibility of sketches behind bodies when sketching with non-normal camera angles.
iOS and macOS
- Improved: Export USDZ files for Augmented Reality with material and texture data.
- Improvement for iPad only:
- Improved: You can now preview your model in Augmented Reality with materials from Visualization.
- New: Visualization is now available on Windows. Create life-like models choosing from a huge selection of colors and materials.
- New: Mark any sketch geometry as a construction sketch and use it for guidance without generating closed sketches.
- Improved: A circular pattern layout option has been added to the Pattern tool.
- Improved: You can now do basic calculations in the dimension annotation area when using a keyboard as your modeling input device.
- Improved: Exporting designs just got a lot better: it is now possible to customize parameters specific for the export formats and in case of all 3rd party 3D formats, you can now save first-level items as separate files.
- Improved: Try the new non-uniform scaling option: now you can also scale along just an axis or plane using the scale tool
Improved: As promised, we’ve added more for Patterns: now you can create linear patterns for Sketches.
iOS and macOS
Improved: Now in Visualization, you can choose to keep the ground plane in a fixed position below your model, allow it to automatically snap to the bottom of the model, or turn it off completely.
- New: The Pattern tool is here! You will see constant additions in upcoming releases, with the first being linear patterns for your 3D bodies.
- Improved: The Align tool now supports multi-body alignment.
- Improved: The Text tool now has a handy preview mode.
- Improved: Constraints get another boost with guide curves. These assist you while handling perpendicular and tangent constraints. On top of that, we’re adding an explicit mid-point constraint to the mix.
iOS and macOS
Improved: We tweaked image quality in Visualization, giving you slightly more dramatic lights and shadows, and more vivid tones overall.
New: Navigation presets are now on Mac. Choose your go-to CAD app’s key bindings and keep using them in Shapr3D.
Fixed: Watch out for scheduled maintenance upon starting the app. It’s a one-off thing performed on your design library, taking only a few minutes.
- Improved: Constraints are much more intuitive than before. They are now multi-selectable, you can highlight them based on related geometry, plus you can pick two different constraint visibility options.
- Improved: Sketch snapping now gives you a much faster and more stable sketching experience.
iOS and macOS
- New: Visualization receives a number of new materials: Silver, Titanium, White Gold, OSB, Granite, and Asphalt. We also tweaked the majority of the existing materials.
- Improved: With major general stability improvements all over the app, we eradicated most of the frequent crashes.
iOS and macOS
- New: Select one of the 5 new environments and give your models much more versatile and dramatic lighting.
- New: Ground plane shadows are now available, adding more realism to your models.
- Improved: Tweaked the Visualization UI for an even better navigation experience.
- Improved: Lighting setup got bumped up in all existing environments.
Improved: Various bug fixes and minor improvements.
- New: We added coincident constraints to bolster your sketching experience.
- Improved: Using Solidworks 2022? SLDPRT import is now available on all Windows devices.
iOS and macOS
- New: Lights are more customizable than ever! Rotate the angle, adjust the intensity, or just pick a colored backdrop and see how it tints your model.
- Improved: We tweaked the Environment sidebar in Visualization.
iOS and macOS
- Fixed: We fixed a handful of bugs that affected performance.
- New: Choose your go-to CAD app’s key bindings and keep using them in Shapr3D.
- Fixed: Minor bug fixes and improvements.
- New: Highlight the items you need and work on your design free of clutter with Isolate. You can reach it via your items list by selecting the bit(s) you want to work on separately.
- Improved: Working on complex sketch fillings? Now you won’t hit any speed bumps as we’ve drastically improved the load time and the speed of sketch moves.
- Fixed: There’s no update without terminating a few sketching bugs.
- Improved: Bid farewell to mysteriously disappearing action items and buttons: now you’ll have a responsive layout to assist you while modeling on a smaller screen.