The Offset Edge tool creates new sketch elements that are offset from existing elements by a specified distance. You can use the Offset Edge tool within a sketch, with sketch regions, or with the edges and faces of a 3D body.
To offset from a sketch element:
Within an existing sketch, go to Sketch > Offset Edge.
For other methods of accessing this tool, visit Accessing tools.
- Select Type to access the Offset Edge Type menu.
- Choose an offset type:
- Loop – Offsets a single edge from a sketch element.
Single – Offsets a loop of edges from a sketch element.
- Select the sketch element you want to offset.
Specify the offset direction and distance using one of these methods:
- Drag the arrows in either direction to offset the object.
- Select the arrows or dimension label to enter an offset value in the numpad.
Note: If you select a sketch element that is shared by multiple loops, arrows will be displayed for each loop. Select the appropriate arrow for the loop you want to offset.
- To finish, select Exit Sketching.
Learn more by watching the video below: