The Orientation Cube is a tool that lets you manually navigate around the design space while giving you a real-time view of your current orientation. Each face of the cube represents the sides of the planar surfaces which makes it useful for 2D modeling.
Design interfaceThe design of the Orientation Cube consists of the following:
- Axes - Has X, Y, and Z axes identical to the design space.
- Face - There are six faces: Top, Bottom, Front, Back, Right, and Left.
- Rotational arrows - In planar view, there are rotational arrows above the cube's top edges that rotate your plane clockwise or counter-clockwise.
Learn how to navigate the Orientation Cubes in different ways:
Set to default view
- Touch or pen - Using your finger or pen, double-tap the cube to reset it to default view.
- Keyboard and mouse/trackpad - Double-click the cube to reset it to default view.
Rotate the cube
- Touch or pen - Use your finger or pen to drag the cube to rotate it.
- Keyboard and mouse/trackpad - Click and drag the cube to rotate it.
Select a cube face for a 2D view
Simply select any side of the cube to go into the 2D view of that specific planar surface.
To rotate the plane in a clockwise or counter-clockwise manner while in 2D view, select the left or right rotational arrows.
Views and Appearance
Access the Views and Appearance settings for more advanced options to navigate the design space.