You can use the Intersect tool to create a new body from the common volume of intersecting bodies. Bodies must be overlapping to be valid for this tool.
To use the Intersect tool:
Go to Tools > Intersect.
For other methods of accessing this tool Accessing tools.
- Select the target body or bodies that you want to modify. Target bodies will be highlighted in purple and marked with a target badge.
- Select the intersecting body or bodies. These bodies are highlighted in blue and marked with a tool badge.
Note: You can select the badge to redefine a selected body.
If necessary, adjust the Keep Originals setting at the left with any of the following:
- Keep Originals: Off - When set to Off, only the body resulting from the Intersect remains. The original bodies will be removed. This is the default setting.
Keep Originals: On - When set to On, the results of the Intersect are created as a new body and the original bodies will still be available.
- Select Done.
To manage history settings for the Intersect action, find the step for your specific intersection and then view or modify the following:
- Target – Click/tap Edit… or Select… to choose a different body you want to intersect with and then select Done to finish.
- Tool – Click/tap Edit… or Select… to choose a different body you want to modify and then select Done to finish.
Type – Select the dropdown to update the boolean type to either Union, Subtract, or Intersect.
Note: Make sure to update the Target and Tool settings that apply to your selected boolean type.
- Keep Target Bodies – Turn on to keep target bodies.
Keep Tool Bodies – Turn on to keep tool bodies.
Learn more by watching the video below: