You can use the Union tool to merge separate bodies into a single, united body. Bodies must be overlapping to be valid for this tool.
To use the Union tool:
Go to Tools > Union.
For other methods of accessing this tool Accessing tools.
- Select the bodies you want to merge.
If necessary, adjust the Keep Originals setting with any of the following options:
- Keep Originals: Off - The default Off setting for Keep Originals results in the original bodies being absorbed into the merged body.
Keep Originals: On - By turning On the setting for Keep Originals, the results of the Union will be created as a new merged body, and the original separate bodies will still be available within the project.
- Select Done.
To manage history settings for the Union action, find the step for your specific union and then view or modify the following:
- Target – Click/tap Edit… or Select… to choose a different target for the bodies you want to union and then select Done to finish.
- Tool – Click/tap Edit… or Select… to choose a different tool for the bodies you want to union and then select Done to finish.
Type – Select the dropdown to update the boolean type to either Union, Subtract, or Intersect.
Note: Make sure to update the Target and Tool settings that apply to your selected boolean type.
- Keep Target Bodies – Turn on to keep target bodies.
Keep Tool Bodies – Turn on to keep tool bodies.
Learn more by watching the video below: