The Scale tool can scale or adjust the size of items. This tool includes a Copy option which allows you to create a copy of the item to be scaled while keeping the original element unchanged.
To scale items:
- Go To Transform > Scale.
- Select Type to access the Scale Mode menu.
Choose a uniform type:
- Uniform – Scales an object with a center point adjustment handle in all directions proportionally.
- Non-uniform – Scales an object in any direction with different proportions along axes. You can define a center point for the scale by adjusting the gizmo center location.
- Select the item you want to scale.
- If applicable, drag the gizmo center to your preferred location.
Note: The gizmo center is the center point of the scale.
Optional: To scale a copy of your selection rather than the original, select Copy .
Note: The Copy badge appears as blue when selected.
Adjust the scale of the selection using these methods:
- Drag the handle .
- Select the handle to enter a scale percentage on the numpad.
- To finish, select an empty area of the grid.
To manage history settings for the Scale action, find the step for your specific scale and then view or modify the following:
- Target Bodies – Click/tap Edit… or Select… to choose a different target body and then select Done to finish.
- Target Faces – Click/tap Edit… or Select… to choose a different target face and then select Done to finish.
- Target Edges – Click/tap Edit… or Select… to choose a different target edge and then select Done to finish.
- Uniform – Turn on for a uniform scale or turn off for a non-uniform scale.
- Scale X – Enter a new scale value for the X-axis.
- Scale Y – Enter a new scale value for the Y-axis.
- Scale Z – Enter a new scale value for the Z-axis.
Copy – Toggle the slider to turn on or off the original copy.
Learn more by watching the video below: