The Rotate Around Axis tool can rotate sketches, sketch regions, edges, faces, or bodies around a selected axis. Use the following steps to use the Rotate Around Axis tool:
- Go to Transform > Rotate Around Axis.
💡TIP: For other methods of accessing this tool, visit: Accessing tools.
- Select the sketches, sketch regions, edges, faces, or bodies you want to rotate.
- Select Next.
- Select an axis, line, or edge you want to revolve around.
- If you want to rotate a copy of your selection rather than the original,
select the Copy badge .
💡 TIP: The Copy badge appears as blue when selected .
- Rotate around the axis using these methods:
- Drag the arrow to rotate dynamically.
- Select the arrow to enter a rotation angle using the numpad.
- Select Done.
If you first pre-select the objects you want to rotate, you can access Rotate Around Axis from the adaptive menu in More > Transform > Rotate Around Axis.
If you pre-select an axis, the Rotate Around Axis tool is available in the main menu.
For more information on using this tool, check out the Rotate around axis tutorial on our website.