You can use the Shell tool to create models with a uniform wall thickness. This tool allows you to convert a face of any solid geometry into a hollow shell with a defined wall thickness.
To use the Shell tool:
Go to Tool > Shell.
For other methods of accessing this tool Accessing tools.
- Select the face or faces to remove.
- Define the wall thickness for the shell using these methods:
- Drag the arrows to define the wall thickness dynamically.
- Select the arrows or dimension label to enter a value for the wall thickness using the numpad.
- If using a keyboard, type a value when the dimension label is highlighted.
Note: When using Shell from the adaptive menu, select an empty area of the grid to complete the tool.
Learn more by watching the video below: