You can use the Shell tool to create designs with a uniform wall thickness. You can use the Shell tool on solid geometry by defining a face or faces that will be left open and defining the wall thickness.
To use the Shell tool:
- Go to Tool > Shell.
💡 Tip: For other methods of accessing this tool visit: Accessing tools.
- Select the face or faces to remove. The selected faces will be left open once the tool is completed.
- Define the wall thickness for the shell using these methods:
- Drag the arrows to define the wall thickness dynamically.
- Select the arrows or dimension label to enter a value for the wall thickness using the numpad.
- If using a keyboard, type a value when the dimension label is highlighted.
- Select Done.
Note: When using Shell from the adaptive menu, select an empty area of the grid to complete the tool.
For more information on using this tool, check out the Shell tutorial on our website.