You can use the Intersect tool to create a new body from the common volume of intersecting bodies. Bodies must be overlapping to be valid for this tool.
To use the Intersect tool:
- Go to Tools > Intersect.
💡Tip: For other methods of accessing this tool, visit Accessing tools.
- Select the target body or bodies that you want to modify. Target bodies will be highlighted in purple and marked with a target badge.
- Select the intersecting body or bodies. These bodies are referred to as tool bodies. Tool bodies will be highlighted in blue and marked with a tool badge.
Note: You can select the badge to redefine a selected body as a target body or tool body.
- If necessary, adjust the Keep Originals setting at the left with any of the following:
- Keep Originals: Off - When set to Off, only the body resulting from the Intersect will remain in the design. The original target and tool bodies will be removed. This is the default setting.
- Keep Originals: On - When set to On, the results of the Intersect will be created as a new body and the original target and tool bodies will still be available in the design.
- Select Done.
💡Tip: For more information on using this tool, check out the Union, subtract, intersect tutorial on our website.