You can use the Split Body tool to cut apart 3D bodies with construction planes, grid planes, sketch fillings, faces, or images. This allows you to split a body into multiple bodies without removing any material.
|Original body||Split Body|
To use the Split Body tool:
- Go to Tools > Split Body.
💡Tip: For other methods of accessing this tool, visit: Accessing tools.
- Select the bodies that you want to split. Bodies to split will be highlighted in blue and marked with the Split Body badge.
- Select a construction plane, grid plane, sketch filling, face, or image for the splitting tool. The splitting tool will be highlighted in purple and marked with a target badge.
Note: Splitting tools are projected through the body being split. Therefore, the splitting tool does not need to be in direct contact with the body.
Note: You can select the badges to redefine selections and toggle them on and off.
- If necessary, adjust the Keep Originals setting at the left with any of the following:
- Keep Originals: Off - When set to Off, only the bodies resulting from the Split Body tool will remain in the design. The original body will be removed. This is the default setting.
- Keep Originals: On - When set to On, the results of the Split Body tool will be created as new bodies and the original body will still be available in the design
- Select Done.
Note: The split body in the image below has been modified. It has been moved in the design space for clarity.