The Sweep tool can extrude a profile along a selected path. The profile can be a closed sketch or face. The path, or spine, can be sketch elements or edges of a body. This tool is useful for creating complex bodies such as pipe systems, cables, wires, and other shapes with a uniform cross-section. For shapes that have varying cross-sections, use the Loft tool.
To use the Sweep tool:
- Ensure you have the elements necessary for the Sweep, including:
- Profile - A sketch region or face that you will extrude.
- Spine - Sketch elements or edges that the profile will follow.
- Go to Tools > Sweep.
For other methods of accessing this tool Accessing tools.
- Select the profile or profiles.
- Select Next.
- Select the spine or spines.
- Select Done.
When using Sweep from the adaptive menu, select the profile and all spines before activating the tool.
Learn more by watching the video below: