The Offest Edge tool creates new sketch elements that are offset from existing elements by a specified distance. You can use the Offset Edge tool within a sketch, with sketch profiles, or with the edges and faces of a 3D body.
Note: For information on using Offset Edge within a sketch, visit Offset Edge (Sketch).
To offset from a 3D body:
- Go to Tools > Offset Edge.
For other methods of accessing this tool Accessing tools.
- Select Type to access the Offset Edge Type menu.
- Choose an offset type:
- Loop – Offsets a loop of edges from a 3D body.
- Single – Offsets a single edge from a 3D body.
- Select the edge you want to offset.
- From the arrow that appears, specify the offset direction and distance using one of these methods:
- Drag the arrows in either direction to offset the object.
Select the arrows or dimension label to enter an offset value in the numpad.
- To finish, select Done.
To manage history settings for the automatic Offset Edge action, find the step for your specific sketch and then view or modify the following:
Plane – Click/tap Edit… or Select… to modify the plane or face where you want the sketch to be and then select Done.
Learn more by watching the video below: