You can use the Project tool to translate your sketches, edges, face, and bodies to another face, either as sketches or edges. With this tool, you can manipulate the projected sketches and edges on complex, non-planar faces.
To use the Project tool:
- Go to Tools > Project.
For other methods of accessing this tool Accessing tools.
- Choose a Projection Type.
- Imprinted Body Edges - The projection will create new edges.
- Sketches - The projection will create new sketches.
- Select the item you want to project. Each selection is indicated with a blue badge.
- Select the surface that you want to project on. The target surface will be colored purple, and you’ll see a preview of your projection.
- To finish, select Done.
Learn more by watching the video below: